Community Banking Month
April Is Community Banking Month:
Check Out These Ideas to Share the Value of Your Community Bank Within Your Region
April is Community Banking Month, a perfect time to highlight and celebrate the important role that your bank plays in supporting local families, businesses and schools. By creating personal relationships with customers and keeping financial decisions close to home, community banks are uniquely important in helping local communities thrive.
How should your bank celebrate Community Banking Month? There are plenty of ways to enjoy the occasion:
- Hold a Community Banking Month Open House, with cookies and punch served, coloring contests for kids, special appearances by hometown celebrities and door prizes awarded every hour.
- Invite the community to a Small Business Spectacular, with workshops on topics like small business loans, creating a marketing plan and an introduction to financial statements. Encourage existing business owners to snap a photo with their team in front of your bank for publishing on social media.
- Recognize Hometown Heroes, inviting the community to nominate those who selflessly serve your community. Invite nominees and their families to a special event to announce winners.
- Sponsor a local youth event. Spring is often the time for science fairs and other academic contests. Hold a cookout before the home opener for your high school baseball team or the local minor league team, or become a sponsor for the local track meet.
- Offer free education, delivering a mini-series on personal finance to local high school or middle school students. Finish the program by inviting the students to visit your bank during your Community Banking Month Open House.
Use the following template to create your bank’s press release to announce your celebration of Community Banking Month